Iconographics offers a simple way to upload Artwork from either PC or MAC via FTP(File Transfer Protocol).
Before you begin. Please ensure your artwork meets the specified requirements. See " How to Send Art". Then obtain your password from your Sales Representative to gain access. If you have any trouble uploading files, please feel free to contact Iconographicsfor assistance.
Method 1. Access via **Internet Explorer*** on a PC:
(Do not use Mozilla or Firefox as a Browser Option, Internet Explorer is Preferred)
1) Click on this link here, to bring up the login prompt OR type ftp://firstname.lastname@example.org in your address bar in Internet Explorer.
This is what your screen will look like:
Once you have logged in, this is what you will see
FTP root 18.104.22.168
toview this FTP site in Window Explorer, click Page, and then click
Open FTP Site in Windows Explorer
2) Select "Drop Box" and pease login with the following information.
3) Your IE browser window will now look like your standard folder directory window, showing the "Dropbox" folder. Please double-click the "Dropbox" folder to open it.
This is what your drop box window will look like
4) Once in the "Dropbox" folder, you will see your Customer Name as new file folder that will distinguish your company or project from others already in the "Dropbox" folder. To create a file folder, choose File>New>New File Folder from the menu choices available along the top of your IE window.
5) Once you have located your file folder you are welome to generate subfolders if you wish. Double-click on your folder to open it. If your directory is not displayed in the windows explorer format select 'view' from the menu bar and select 'Open FTP site in Windows Explorer'.
6) Once you are in your folder, your IE window has the same functionality as any other window on your PC. Minimize your IE window. Through Windows, locate the file you wish to upload to the Iconographics FTP server. Once this file is located, simply click and drag that file into the IE window displaying your company/job file folder.
7) After dragging the file over, a file transfer status window should appear. This will tell you the progress of the file transfer. Once it disappears, your file should now be displayed in your IE window. This confirms your file transfer is complete. A Sales Representative will contact you in a rimely manner to confirm receipt.
Alternatively....if you are using a Macintosh platform
1) Create a new site.
2) Enter ftp://22.214.171.124 as the site address.
3) For the username, enter Icon in the designated field.
4) For the password, enter the provided information given to you by Sales in the designated field.
5) Depending on your individual software options, there may be a "Port" option. Please make sure that the "Port" is set to 21.
6) Click Save to finish out the creation of the new site.
7) Select the site and click Connect.
8) Double-click the "Dropbox" folder to open it.
9) Create a new file folder that distinguishes it from all the other file folders currently in the "Dropbox."
10) Open your newly created file folder and you are ready to begin your FTP file transfer. Please refer to your individual FTP Client software instructions to execute the transfer.